Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Verdict Is In

Marriage is awesome.

It's been 8 months, and upon reflection that's what I have to say. I'll even take it a step further: marriage with Jana B. is EXTREMELY awesome. It is so great to be on the incredible journey of life with someone as great as Jan. Most people who read this blog are already fans of Jana B; but let me just expound upon a few of the reasons why it is so great to be married to this woman.

MAJOR CUTENESS: If Jana were in the military, this would be her title. When I was a young lad, I used to collect Ranger Rick magazines--I loved animals in general, ferocious and cute equally. My room was adorned with pages of those magazines, and tons of them were totally cute animals. I like to think I have a pretty good radar for cuteness, and the young Mrs. Jana Eliason knocks it off the charts, causes it to shatter, and sets the whole console on fire. Consistently cute and irresistible. It's so great to be around someone who is always totally cute. No matter what happens, when you run into JB, it's like "Oh, hey! Life is good."

Constant companion
: I have always loved being part of a team. I loved being in a rock band; I loved working with other people on projects; I always form study groups--I like to belong to a group (maybe this comes from being a part of ten kids). But the kind of scary thing about many teams I've been on, is that they come to an end one day, and all you do after that is reminisce. But when you're married, it's great because you are on a team that lasts forever! And let me just say: Jana is a dang good teammate.

Pick up the slack: With JB, there's never any slack. Anytime one of us can't get something done that needs to be done, the other steps in to make sure it gets done. Case in point: Jana has done so many loads of our laundry, and the fact is that I will never catch up with that.

Just good
: I've said this once, and I'll say it again: JB is just good. She's so reliable in that way. In her treatment of me, of others, and in her life in general, she's just good, and it's inspiring.

Hilarity abounds: Some may or may not know this, but my wife is a really funny lady--both clever and zany. She picks up on extremely subtle things, but she also has no major problems clowning around.

The reality is, I could totally go on and on. But I'm just putting this out there--marriage is AWESOME. And marriage with Jana B - TOTALLY awesome.

2 comments:

Am said...

Word. Marriage is awesome. Glad you guys found each other.

Rachel B said...

Oh Mark, you captured Jana so well. So so well. I love her.