Friday, May 20, 2011

lately: installment 1

My computer has been staring at me all day saying, "open me and update your blog." So, here I am! The long, lost Jana B. (now E.) has come back to blogland. I have missed so much! I am seeing all sorts of great posts on people's blogs and then see my half-finished post from my New York trip with Mark last year... hahaha! Okay, so bear with me as I try to put into words thoughts that have been piling up for the last little while.

First and most important thing in the last while/year/years of my life:
Mark Eliason




He is my favorite person in the whole world and my better half.
Happy 1 Year Anniversary, Darling. I love you.





Mark and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago. One year! It's hard to believe and frankly hard to write this because the day of our anniversary was the day I dropped Mark off at the airport. But, the few days before we were in Park City having a great time spending time together. Of course, we forgot to take pictures (classic us) because we always just have so much fun we forget to record all of the adventures we are having! So, my blog friends, we will remedy that ASAP so we can have an honorable showing on this blog here.

Mark will be in Uganda for two months - without me! So, talking about Mark is hard because I miss him so! I was going to go with Mark to Africa originally, but in January I got a job and the mandatory weeks of training overlapped with Mark's trip. But, he is doing well and learning a lot of good things. He is working for a non-profit called International Children's Legal Aid. He and his crew write wills for AIDS victims to ensure that the surviving spouses and children get the property. It's a great service.

A year of marriage. I wish I could explain how great the past year has been.


Mark is incredible. He has been a rock-solid friend and companion. We have laughed and played and worked and studied and cooked and hosted parties and traveled and camped and taken law school finals and spent time with family and it has all been a grand adventure with Mark. I am so grateful for his perspective on things. I am grateful for the balance he brings to my life. I admire his discipline and his work ethic. He is sweet and thoughtful and he always treats me with respect. And, he treats others with respect too. That is important. He is just an amazing guy. He is so dedicated to doing the right thing and staying close to God. I love him. He is the best. He rocks. Literally.

1 comment:

Rachel B said...

Yay Jana's back! Can't wait to read more!