Wednesday, September 26, 2007

heaven

I think that heaven is going to be like the word 'familiar.' I think that it will be composed of ideas like 'everyday.' I think this as I drive my astro van that carries a musty ski-season-ish scent down 9th East in Provo and listen to the slightly fuzzy broadcast on NPR of a jazz song that I recall the tune of but can't remember the name. I'm reminded of home, like when I picture dad driving home from work and he gets out of the car (some interesting book or his Swedish Book of Mormon in hand) and kisses mom hello. Or, driving back with Dal or Kimball or Am from some event at BHS or BYU, or with Kira on the way home from a Bella Vista carpool run after high school. It reminds me of home, which reminds me of heaven - so I guess now you can follow my logic. I think that heaven is that feeling you get when you sense the light of the past illuminating a fall day's drive and it makes you feel like sighing.

1 comment:

Am said...

Word. Family, familiar, famtastic...

ps... that astro van better be in heaven.