Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a typical post

a lot of people I know write stuff on their blogs like their pet peeves and stuff. (by the way, have you ever typed the word "peeve"? have you ever noticed at how awkward this word really is?) anyway, i would like to contribute to the mass rantings about people and the silly things that they do. and here it is:

everyone in Utah always sit far left and never change positions. now, to clear up the quizzical looks, i am not talking politics. i am talking traffic. we need more progressive thinkers and more progressive drivers here because truly when every lane of traffic is blocked straight across by three shiny Fords all going 63 mph, there is little to be done. i have little patience for a general traffic awareness that permits no passing lane.

number 2, i always think that it is important for people to put away their shopping cart once they've loaded their groceries. i had a young women leader once who used to always take stray carts back to the stalls to prevent people's cars getting damaged, etc. now, i feel guilty when i don't grab a couple of forgotten carts and return them in addition to my own. and now i hope you all do to because there are far too many shopping carts in this world left on the wayside. this is a serious problem. it is just pure negligence.

hmph. that feels better.

4 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

I have to admit that I used to be one to put my grocery cart wherever I could find a place because I was lazy. However, once I got married to Brent, i was no longer allowed to do this. Brent will run a half a mile to bring back the cart. he hates carts being left around. It has rubbed off on me and now I feel guilty if I put the cart anywhere but back in the cart return. So now when I go to the grocery store, I park next to a cart return, even if it means I have to park farther away from the store and bypass the close spot!! It helps me return my cart without any trouble and I can burn more calories by walking further.

Sorry for the essay. I know it's only supposed to be a comment!!

cath said...

once two shopping carts hit my car. true story. it was a dark and stormy night, and jane parked in the loading zone and rushed into the store for macncheese. i stayed with the car to read and talk sweet to any police. next thing i know there was a bang and a shopping cart rebounding off my door, soon followed by another. being one of the victims, i appreciate your efforts.

Rachel B said...

Nothing is more annoying than being stuck behind a slow driver. I wish they would just up the speed limit. It's intended to be broken, anyway. I always put my cart back, but sometimes I think if I was a worker at Smiths or something, I would like to go and gather them all up because it would a) take up more time, b) give me a mindless and easy task to do, and c) probably be better than a lot of other things I would have to do if I worked at Smiths. Unless it was winter time.

jes said...

i COMPLETELY agree with both of your peeves.

1. utah drivers are one of the reasons why utah has a bad name. my older brother made a bumper sticker that said "slower traffic keep right apparently doesn't apply in utah".

2. everytime am and i go grocery shopping, i ALWAYS put the cart back...there's nothing worse than wanting to park somewhere but you can't cuz of a lazy person!

can't wait to see you soon!